The Y-Net protocol stack provides a set of advanced communication services enabling a standard, rapid and simple method of development for low cost command and control networking applications over the power line media using IT700. The services provided by the Y-Net protocol stack enable developers to focus their efforts on the implementation of their applications, rather than on the communication and networking function.
The Y-Net stack provides high flexibility and an extensive range of modes and configurations for developing applications based on the most suitable network installation scenario requirements for that application. The Y-Net stack will support network installation scenarios varying from simple plug-and-play networks (Y-Net defaults) to highly secured networks.
Y-Net Protocol Stack Layering Model
The Y-Net Protocol Stack is based on the OSI 7-Layers Network Reference model, with some modification to match the specific requirements of command and control applications.
The Y-Net protocol stack consists of the following:
- Physical (PHY) layer consisting of the physical interface to the power line media.
- Media access control (MAC) layer providing Y-Net stack interface for lower layer communication services.
- Network Layer (NL) providing Y-Net stack interface for advanced networking services such as ad-mission, routing and addressing.
Y-NET MAIN FEATURES
- Plug & Play Network formation
HomePlug Command & Control ready
- Selective Participation of Nodes
- Logical Network Creation
- Master-Slave and Peer-to-Peer Network Configurations
- Full Security Suite*
- Dynamic Routing
- Multiple Network Topologies (Peer-to-Peer, Mesh*, Tree)
- Network integrity Detection and Recovery
- Network Parameter Recovery
* Future release